Friday, April 8, 2011

Matt Damon & The Tramp



By Miss Tummy Cole, Top Critic
San Francisco, California

My favorite movie of all time is Lady and the Tramp, and The Adjustment Bureau was almost exactly like it. This trampy bitch meets a classy lad in a seedy place (a public restroom) and they decide they want to go out for spaghetti and meatballs at that hot new alley. They run into trouble when a team of dogcatchers plots to keep them apart. The dogcatchers have this really cool system of magic doors they use to travel through space and time in Manhattan.

Matt Damon and Emily Blunt make a very believable couple. I bet if they manage to evade the dogcatchers, they'll move in together, buy a nice house with a big boneyard out back, and have several litters of puppies. My kind of people. I found myself rooting for them from their very first scene. I pictured the cute little gucci bag Emily Blunt would use to tote me around New York in and my fabulous collection of winter sweaters. I also eagerly anticipated double digit numbers of BusyBones those two would cough up in an effort to keep me occupied while they have lots of "getting to know you" sex.

As a beagle, I really identified with how frustrating those magic doors were to Matt Damon, and I'm way smarter than he is. I mean, every time I meet a closed door, no matter how insanely hard I inhale, I can never quite figure out what's on the other side. I've always suspected that it randomly changes, and The Adjustment Bureau confirmed my suspicions about the impermanence of objects. I wish I had thumbs.

The movie was hugely entertaining, due largely to the believable chemistry of our two romantic leads. Plus, a large number of scenes were filmed on location in Manhattan, where you can clearly see stink lines emanating from all the authentic-looking street garbage. Yum!

Summary: Can I have a treat now?

Rating: 4/5 Wags

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruff Crowd: Movie Reviews For Dogs, By Dogs - Blogged EatonWeb Blog Directory