Monday, May 16, 2011

A Fucking Cat Presents: Weekend Box Office Roundup



Bridesmaids Gets Hammered
By Sammy Miller, Guest Contributor
West Hollywood, California

Boy, is my face red. I was so sure that Bridesmaids would steal the top spot away from Thor this week, I told everyone down at the Wok n’ Roll that I’d give up hamachi handrolls for a month if it didn’t pull in at least $40MM. Oh well, I guess it’s back to tuna tartare for this feline… Ugh, how very pedestrian.

Thor has proven to be a mighty contender after all, raking in an impressive $34.7MM in it’s second week in theaters. Who knew that the American public had such a soft spot for blonde hunks with big hammers? Someone get Mike Holmes on the line, I’ve got a script he might be perfect for.

All the single ladies, all the single ladies… must have had bigger and better things to do this weekend than seeing Bridesmaids. Even though the latest Apatow rom-com practically made a profit due to a relatively small budget, it hardly lived up to its more traditional predecessors-in-matrimony. With only $26MM, even that god-awful adaptation of Mamma Mia opened stronger.

That silly mess that Paul Bettany starred in failed to draw the crowds…. Priest only managed $14MM. Wait a minute, are we sure that this one isn’t just Legion 2? I could swear that I’ve seen this before.

I swear, this is the very last time I bet on the box office. Unless it’s a sure thing. Or I’m feeling lucky. That reminds me, I’d better call my bookie about next weekend’s Pirates opening. Ciao for now!

1 comment:

  1. "Meow!" You write a good review. COme on over to BC and chat sometime in the discussion threads on CONNECT. I'm sure you would wrap some cool people around your paws. You have personality! :)

    My friend Daisy The Curly Cat is on BC, too.

    http://daisythecurlycat.blogspot.com Tell her BlogCatlog sent you.

    Theresa–BC

    ReplyDelete

Ruff Crowd: Movie Reviews For Dogs, By Dogs - Blogged EatonWeb Blog Directory